Sega Genesis/CD System Modifications
Now I do Sega Genesis mods too! Lots of possibilities for mods and lots
of variables due to all the different Genesis models out there! All the mods are hardware
mods and most require a good deal of work. As a result, at any point in
time I'm usually backed-up with 3 or more systems to work on.
- US/JP Region modification
- Allows for the play of both US and Japanese cartridges on the same system.
This modification does not effect the play of CDs or SCDs (which are region
dependent and therefore require a separate modification).
- 50/60 Hz Modification
- Basically this mod fools your Genesis into thinking that it's either an
NTSC system or a PAL system. Allows for the play of Mega Drive carts on
a normally region locked system.
- Addition of S-Video output for your system. Significantly
improved video through the S-Video standard as the Genesis composite video is
- RCA mounts
- Stereo and composite video RCA-style mounts are added to your system.
No more need for the proprietary Genesis cables!
- Installation of a very small yet powerful fan in the AV port of Turbo/PCE
Duo systems. Offers significant cooling to the large heatsinks in the
Duo that are the likely cause of audio degradation in these systems.
- Slap an LED on the system for power on! Or whatever!