Turbo/PCE System Mods
Well I've gotten carried away and now offer up a wide range of modifications
for the Turbo Grafx/Duo and PC Engine systems. All the mods are hardware
mods and most require a good deal of work. As a result, at any point in
time I'm usually backed-up with 3 or more systems to work on.
- Region modification
- Allows for the play of both US and Japanese HuCards on the same system.
This modification does not effect the play of CDs or SCDs (which are region
independent, meaning can already be played on either US or Japanese hardware).
- Addition of an S-Video encoder to the system that outputs significantly
improved video through the S-Video standard.
- RCA mounts
- Stereo and composite video RCA-style mounts are added to your system.
This allows Turbo Grafx owners to bypass the subpar Rf output without the need
for either the Turbo Booster or Booster Plus. Allows Turbo Duo owners to
bypass the flimsy standard Duo AV cable.
- Installation of a very small yet powerful fan in the AV port of Turbo/PCE
Duo systems. Offers significant cooling to the large heatsinks in the
Duo that are the likely cause of audio degradation in these systems.
- Slap an LED on the system for power on!
Pics of a Fully Modded PC Engine